CATE'S BEAUTY SECRETS


  • BEAUTY SLEEP



“Possibly on the nights I get more than four hours of sleep.” - Beautycrew

You can’t turn back time but you can try and sleep longer.Popsugar

  • WEAR SUNSCREEN


“I’m eternally grateful that my mother always encouraged me to stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen (when I was growing up). With very pale skin, it was especially important not to become a bronzed sun bunny. I think 90 percent of people who have issues with their skin –health-wise and also in terms of satisfaction with their complexion –are actually talking about sun damage.Allure

“The best piece of advice is to wear sunscreen and not go out in the harsh Australian sun. you could say that’s looking after your sin. From a vanity perspective, you don’t want to be old and wrinkly. But it’s also protected my skin. It’s very different from makeup. Your skin is the biggest organ in our body. Exfoliate, moisturize and wear sunscreen. That’s it. that’s fine. I’m very conscious of sun damage in my children.” The Cut

  • EXFOLIATE


“I started exfoliating. Look at men in their 40s and then look at women in their 40s – for men, their skin looks really good because they shave every day. So I exfoliate and it’s great.” Byrdie

“I never used to exfoliate, but now that I do, I think it’s a good thing to do regularly. You can’t treat a problem unless you get the top layer of dead skin off, and we’re constantly covered in dead skin. So it’s important to get it off. I would exfoliate every day if I’m filming because you spend the entire day in make up. I just need to do it psychologically as well [laughs] to end the day.” Popsugar

  • MOISTURIZE


“My mom was really, really big on moisturizer. I think twenty-somethings spend a lot of money on make-up and they won’t necessarily spend the same amount of skincare – unless they have a problem or a problem area. But I think if you can; find a really good moisturizer that works for you and eye cream.Byrdie

  • MASK ON


“I mask on the plane, but I wait until the lights go off. although sometimes I’m so desperate I can’t wait, so I’ll  put an eye mask on and then the facial mask.” Allure

“I wear masks. I’m a long haul flight, unfortunately, a bit more than I’d care for so I will put two or three on. Like one dries out and you put the next one on. Or I’d put one on. And I just talk to everyone with them on. I don’t care. I have no shame. They’ll come around to take your food order, and I’ve just got this mask on.” Instyle

“I love to do a brightening mask (before appearances) because it evens out your skin tone and it helps to luminize it. it gives your skin more radiance. For a big event like a red carpet, I might do a treatment mask (to moisturize) the day before and then do a brightening mask while getting ready. And when I’m traveling, I’ll do a facial treatment mask because it’s really hydrating.” Glamour

  • MASSAGE


“For me, my luxury is having a massage. I’ll always ask them to massage my face. Anything that increases the blood circulation to relax your face (is good), because we carry so much stress in our face.Refinery29 

“I’m a massage girl. I like the brutal, almost chiropractic Thai massage. I go as often as I can. I went with a friend to a Korean bathhouse the other day and you get slabbed around like a piece of meat.Allure

“I am big on massage when I can.” Byrdie

  •  CONSISTENCY

“I love clothes and the idea of changing your hair and what you’re wearing –but I don’t do that with my skin. It’s a very different thing. I think consistency is a big part of making your skin more resilient.Allure

“I don’t chop and change skin care. I’ve been using the same brand for 13 years, so I’m fairly consistent, and I stay hydrated –boring but true.” Beautycrew

“I’m interested in fashion and how people express themselves differently though clothing over time. I’m not interested in fashion when it comes to my skin care. My skin is in pretty good condition and has been stable, because I found something that really works for me, and I’ve stuck with it.The Cut

  • TAKE VITAMINS

“I’ve always been big on the vitamins my children take but I was erratic on my own, so now I’m trying to fix that. that’s my promise to myself this year. I’m going to be much more regular about that. I’ve just started taking skin vitamins – I’ve already noticed my skin is a little brighter.Allure

“The thing I’ve really started to do is to take vitamins –I’ve noticed a huge change. My nails will never grow, and I’ve been taking these vitamins now for about 6 months –huge difference.” Instyle

  • DON’T GIVE IN TO PRESSURE

“I’m not a model, and I certainly was never the gorgeous girl in school, so I never thought about myself in terms of my looks. My looks have been a tool rather than the end result, but they’re not all of who I am. I feel much more pressure to do my job properly, which is to tell the story and create an interesting character. That’s what I feel the pressure to do – look like the character versus look younger. It’s a high road to nowhere, really. The only thing you can do is look the best  you can. The rest is invisible people talking on the internet – and I don’t really listen to that.” Allure

“There was a nanosecond where – being Australian, once again – where I thought this summer I’m going to have a tan come hell or high water, and I was on the roof, as white as I am, covered in baby oil. And also, it’s so hard as a teenager, and even into your 20s, your sense of yourself, I mean it always evolves, but you’re so vulnerable to other people’s interpretations and impressions of what you should look like. And I’d say ‘fuck that’ a bit more. And that’s where women can step in and really champion different types of beauty and working what you’ve got. Everyone’s starting to look the same and talk the same, it’s only interesting when we’re all – it’s the melting pot, right? I’d worry about it less. And since discovering this I’ve really worried about it less. Because I just thought ‘I’m set, I’m done, I don’t have to think about that.’ There’s a lot of self-hatred in women. I think I’d eradicate that in myself earlier.” Instyle

  • JUST RELAX


“Life’s very stressful – no matter what you do, no matter where you live. Particularly the world now is going to hell in a handbag. Do anything you can do to help relieve that stress. -You can always tell when someone has either had sex or gone on a holiday because their skin looks better and their face is relaxed.Popsugar

“You know when someone has a migraine or a headache and they haven’t done anything to their face but their whole face constricts? I think that anything you can do to remove stress will give you a better glow.” Byrdie

“We often talk about beauty fixes, but sometimes you just need to sit down and turn your phone off for 20 minutes, and that’s all you need to make your face relax. People think you look so much better and it’s just because you’ve gotten rid of the stress.” Glamour


Now, repeat after me: Exfoliate, moisturize and wear sunscreen.


See you on next post!
- Catewalk

Comments